Welcome to the Northumbria Police Sports & Social Club website.
Northumbria Police Sports and Social Club is a Limited Company owned by contributing members of Northumbria Police Staff.
It is overseen by a Board of Directors that comprises of Serving Police Officers, Police Staff and Retired Officers, and is run by the Administrator who is located in Newcastle North Police Station, Etal Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne. NE5 4AW. Tel 0191 4373571.
As promised this email contains all of the information you will need to obtain or renew the Northumbria Police ‘Contours’ gym membership in partnership with North Tyneside Council. If you weren’t already aware, the membership package allows for full / unlimited use of all swimming pools, spa facilities, gyms & exercise classes at the 5 main NTC sites: The Parks & Tynemouth Pool (North Shields), Waves (Whitley Bay), Hadrian (Wallsend) and Lakeside (Killingworth).
The cost for this is a single payment of £140 which is the same as last year.
The procedure for obtaining a membership is different this time due to COVID restrictions and social distancing measures, meaning you can organise everything yourself directly with NTC over the phone. Please take a minute or two to read through the following terms and conditions before you do so:
1. You must be an employee of Northumbria Police (or retired) & a member of Northumbria Police Sports & Social Club.
2. The scheme is NOT AVAILABLE to partners, family members, employees of other forces or agencies etc. (Unless of course they are covered under point #1).
3. When contacting NTC you will need to supply your current 1-4 digit collar / shoulder number which we are all issued by the organisation. Retirees can simply supply their historic details.
4. After the cut-off date has passed, at the request of NTC I will be checking the list of memberships against NPSSC records to ensure everyone taking advantage of the scheme is either a current or retired employee & member of Sports & Social. A lot of effort & negotiation goes into obtaining an excellent deal for us all which is a huge reduction compared to the full price, so please don’t spoil this and place yourself or anyone else in the awkward position of having to explain why the obtaining of a discounted membership was attempted where the rules clearly didn’t apply. The criteria are quite straightforward and we are all responsible enough to know the difference.
5. If you don’t already have one, the next time you attend one of the centres NTC will issue you with an ‘Ease’ card which you will need to book classes or gain access to any of the premises. The process will involve having your photo taken and the supply of basic personal details.
6. Please also have your warrant or staff ID card with you each time you attend, and remember that due to our roles we represent the organisation when using the facilities.
Right then, so to renew or obtain a membership from Thursday 1st October you will be able to contact your preferred reception team, where your details & payment will be taken over the phone. The contact details you need are as follows:
Waves: 0191 6432600
Tynemouth: 0191 6432900
Hadrian: 0191 6432025
Lakeside: 0191 6434177
Parks: 0191 6432700
As this year’s memberships were extended slightly due to COVID gym closures, the new scheme will run from 1st October 2020 through to 30th September 2021. NTC have stated that the cut-off date for anyone joining will be 15th December 2020. Although further applications will be considered after this, no reduction in price is available for any reduced term. To get the most value from the membership package I would recommend that you join on 1st October or as soon as possible afterwards.
Lastly, as I am unable to send an email broadcast I have sent this out to my list of current members. Inevitably some people may slip through the net and for this I apologise in advance, so please feel free to share the details with anyone within the organisation who you think may be interested.
Ok there you go, all done for another year (phew!). Hope you enjoy the gym and I look forward to seeing you there.
Adam Johnston 79